Wednesday, September 09, 2009

I look like I'm ten feet tall here, but it's just because I'm standing by a bunch of little people (including my wife) These are my step daughter Jaime's children (left to right) Nick, Brooklynne and Brigham.

This viewpoint is accessible only via a rustic trail composed of fine sand, sandstone rocks and brush. We biked in, which was quite challenging, and is a story in itself!

The background looks like it's fake, but I guarantee you that it isn't. The drop-off into the canyon, located just eight or so feet in back of us, will literally take your breath away if you get too close to the edge. Brookie, as she is affectionately called, is one of those kids who knows no fear. In fact, you might say she is wreckless! She scared us so many times by trying to get closer to the edge of the canyon that we ended up making her hold onto one of our hands until we left.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

Uncle Richard, those do not look like hiking clothes! You look way to nice to be out roughing it in the desert! Your pants are pressed a bit too nicely and the crease is a tad too perfect! Please look more gross next time you go! :)

I always love your posts and am so glad to see you up and at it again! Your photos are always so beautiful! I am glad you had a nice time on your vacation. Moab is one of my favorite places to visit in Utah! It really is breathtaking!

Richard said...

Thanks Amy. Your a sweetheart! It's interesting that you should comment on my pants. It had rained a short time before we got on the trail and the red mud splashed on the bottom of my pants and stained them so badly that I had to discard them. (Nothing will take that red stain out.) Next time I'll take your advice!