Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Little Bit of Everything

A common Corn Flower is quite lovely against a wetland background. I used to view these as just weeds when I was young because they grew wild everywhere.

These plants, "Arrowheads", grow in the late summer in the pools of water found in the Farmington Bay wetlands. 

Mourning doves are edible, and used to be considered game birds (and still are in a few States), but they are so approachable and incautious that  it would seem cruel to kill one. They are a protected specie now in many, if not most, States, and besides, who doesn't find their call such a mournful sound. You've  just got to feel sorry for them!
I took a trip to Grand Junction, Colorado to attend the High School graduation of my grand daughter, Abby Marchant. Her parents, David and Denise Marchant, my daughter Sheryl Cisney, and my son Tony all live there, along with several of my other grand children. Sheryl and my wife and I took a drive up to the Colorado National Monument.  This picture was taken there.

1 comment:

Joan said...

I love the sound of the doves too. At first I couldn't tell if they were doves or owls that i was hearing. They are sweet natured bird and I love it when they land in my yard for treats. I'm so glad you are posting again. Yipee!!