Friday, February 20, 2009

THE MOST REGAL OF ALL BIRDS




Posted by PicasaThe Utah Waterfowl Management Area on Farmington Bay is the temporary residence of constantly changing variety of birds. As an landscape and wildlife photographer it offers me countless opportunities to see these beautiful birds up close and in a natural state. I am fortunate, also, that it is only a 10 minute drive from my home! In the last several weeks there have been a plethora of pelicans and bald eagles. One bird that is usually present, but absent so far this year, is the Giant Blue Heron. Maybe they will stop by. I'll be watching!

3 comments:

Amy said...

These pictures look like they came right out of a National Geographic! The bald eagle is such a majestic bird and until you are up close with one, you don't realize how massive they are. What a great experience to able to catch them in such behavior!

Joan said...

When I enlarge the pictures, it is just unreal to see them all together. I can see I need to get out more and take a little jaunt down your way. Nice to see you blogging again.

Margaret Kay said...

These really are some amazing photos. Very talented indeed!